BROWS BEFORE AND AFTER CARE INSTRUCTIONS
YOU MAY NOT HAVE THIS PROCEDURE IF:
• You are under 18
• You get keloid scars (if you have ever keloid, you are not able to get Microblading or Combo Brows. You can only get Ombré Powder Brows).
• You are pregnant or breastfeeding (must wait 3 months after giving birth or 3 months after you stop nursing)
• You have been on Accutane within 1 year
• You have irritation of the skin of any kind such as blemishes, pimples, rash, psoriasis, eczema, rosacea, sunburn on the area of procedure.
• You are on Retin-A or Retinols. Be off 1 month before appointment and avoid 30 days after procedure.
• Diabetic (consult your doctor)
• Have HIV or Hepatitis or any other viral infections and/or diseases
• Undergoing Chemotherapy (consult your doctor)
• A Pacemaker or major heart problems
• Had an Organ transplant
• Sick (cold, flu, etc. will affect the healing process, please reschedule)
• You generally don’t heal well and develop infections easily
• If you have a previous tattoo, please send a picture so we can see how faded your tattoo is.
PLEASE NOTE: WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICES TO ANYONE.
- Do NOT DRINK ALCOHOL at least 24hrs for alcohol before the procedure.
- Do NOT DRINK CAFFEINE (coffee/tea/soda etc.) before the procedure.
- Do NOT TAKE Advil or other blood thinners such as Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E and/or Ibuprofen unless medically necessary (consult with your doctor) 48-72 hours prior to your procedure. Extra strength Tylenol can be taken if you have low pain tolerance.
- Do not take Fish Oil or Vitamin E one week prior (natural blood thinners).
- Do not tan 3 weeks before or 3 weeks after the procedure.
- If you’ve had laser removal of previous work done by someone else, the treated area has now more scar tissue and can affect the outcome of the result. More treatments may be necessary to achieve the desired results.
- Botox should be done 3 weeks before or 3 weeks after the procedure.
- Discontinue Vitamin A/Retinol products 1 month prior.
- Do not have any type of facial peel or microdermabrasion 1 month prior or after procedure.
- Avoid exercising the day of procedure as this will open up the pores.
- Please note that you will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
- No waxing or tinting 3 days before.
- No bleaching brows 1 month prior (it is also recommended to not bleach brows after procedure).
- It usually takes at least 2 appointments for desired results. The first appointment is about structure, design, and building hair strokes. the touchup is about seeing how the skin heals and retains pigment, as well as making any necessary adjustments to achieve better symmetry and volume. Some people might require more than 1 touch up. All results vary.
- Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will appear to be darker and bolder in color and more sharply defined. Over the next 2 days it will appear even darker and thicker as scabs begin to form. Let the scabs naturally flake off bit by bit. It will take up to 14 days for scabbing to be over.
- You may NOT get the area wet or apply any kind of products (except what is provided on the aftercare instructions) for at least 7-10 days after. No makeup on the area for at least 2 weeks.
Aftercare compliance is very important for producing a beautiful and lasting result. Please follow the guidelines as instructed by your technician to obtain the best results.
- No water, cleansers, creams, makeup, or any other products on treated area for 10 days or until all peeling is done.
- Keep the area lightly moist using a q-tip with sterile Aquaphor (very lightly and not overly greasy). Apply as needed ONLY when it feels dry or itchy.
- Expect slight swelling and a little redness in the immediate area. This will subside in a few hours.
- If slight crust appears on the pigmented surface, do not force removal by picking or scratching.
- Don’t be alarmed if color comes oﬀ on the q-tip when applying the ointment -- this is normal.
- Avoid hot, steamy, long showers (leave the door cracked opened if you are able to).
- Avoid working out for the next 7-10 days or until all scabbing has completed.
- No makeup on or around the brow area during the healing process.
- Avoid tinting of brows for 3 weeks following the procedure.
- The procedure may have some peeling on or around the 4th day. This is a normal process of healing for some clients. DO NOT PICK! Picking can cause scarring and loss of color.
- Avoid sun for 7 to 10 days following the procedure. It is suggested to wear a hat if you are expected to be out in the sun for a long period of time. Do not let the brim of the hat touch your brow area.
- Be mindful of how you sleep, if you can avoid sleeping on your side or stomach, it is suggested to do so. Sleeping on your back is recommended.
- Avoid chlorine pools, saunas and Jacuzzis, hot yoga, hair dryers, and any steam-like environment etc.
- Avoid Retin A, Renova, Alpha Hydroxy, Glycolic Acids, Aloe, and Vitamin E products.
- No Gardening for the first 3 to 4 days to prevent possible infection.
- If you are planning a chemical peel, MRI, or other medical procedures inform them that you have had an iron oxide cosmetic tattoo.
- You must wait 1 year after any tattoo to give blood. This is state specific – you can check on the American Red Cross to see the rules for your state.
- Lasers can cause pigment to turn black. Avoid the procedure site.
- After you have healed, use a good sunscreen daily to help prevent premature fading of all procedures (wait to do this after your touch up session).
- If any signs of infection occur, abnormal swelling, redness or pain associated with the procedure, call your physician and please give us a call.
The application of permanent cosmetics can be a 2 to 3 step process. Do not judge your procedure while in the healing stage. It may require a touch up or multiple touch-ups as everyone heals differently. The procedure area has to heal completely before we can address any concerns. Healing takes about 4 weeks.